Wednesday, March 14, 2012

St. Patricks Day Treats!!!

St. Patrick's day is just days away and what better way to get in the spirit than to make some DIY treats. I wanted to make some goodies to share with my family and friends so I made two of my favorites, chocolate chip cookies and a brownie cake. I figured if I'm going to make treats I might as well make treats I like too. I made the chocolate chip cookies using the infamous Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe which is really easy to follow plus it's the best recipe I've ever tried! 

Well it didn't stop there...

I started off with the cookies and then I moved on to make the brownie cake. I really wanted to try out this recipe I found in People Magazine over the weekend for a Cream Cheese Frosting and made the cake a brownie cake instead of the chocolate cake on the recipe. So to make the frosting more exciting, I added green food coloring to fit in with the St. Patty's holiday color theme.

With the extra frosting left over, I got a little creative in the spirit of baking so I grabbed a few of the cookies and added some four leaf clovers on them. Although the shape of my frosted clover isn't the best it tasted pretty darn good if I do say so myself! Also made a cookie sandwich and added frosting in the middle which was a challenge to eat but so worth it! These treats were a great hit with my family and friends plus I really enjoyed them too!
Hope you have a jolly St. Patrick's Day!!!

...Rebecca...

Ingredients used...


Chocolate Chip Cookies...Yum!!!


Brownie Cake with Green Cream Cheese Frosting!!!


Chocolate Chip Cookie with Four Leaf Clover Frosting...


Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich with Cream Cheese Filling...

No comments:

Post a Comment