Monday, March 12, 2012

Revamp it...

Thanks to the unpredictable weather changes, allergies and time change, I was indoors most of the weekend trying to recover from this cold. So to occupy my time I started organizing my sweaters and coats which had piled up on my coat rack. After digging under a few coats, I found a dark green sweater I had completely forgotten about and had barely worn. It's a cute plain sweater but I thought it could use a little revamping so I decided to change the buttons on it with cute gold shank buttons I bought months ago at Joann's. All I really needed were scissors, buttons and the thread plus it was really easy to do and it gave my sweater a new look just by changing it's buttons. Also it's perfect timing with St. Patrick's Day just around the corner, now I can wear my revamped sweater to avoid getting pinched...

 ...Rebecca...

Sweater pre-vamp with small matching buttons...

Gold Shank Buttons...

Needle and Thread...

Sweater post revamp with new gold shank buttons...

Close up of the gold shank button...


1 comment:

  1. I like the buttons. never thought of doing this to 'old' clothing. thx

    ReplyDelete