Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY: Get Wired

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of cute and simple wired jewelry pendants around in stores so I thought I would try to see if I could make my own for a fraction of the price. So I made a quick run to Joann's Crafts store for some materials and tools so I could get started which you can also get a Michael's too.

Tools Needed:
Rounded Tip Pliers
Thin Wire
Small Jump Rings
Necklace Chains

First step for me was thinking of what I wanted to do which was the initial "R" for my name. After I knew what I wanted to make, I cut enough wire using scissors then I started with the edges using my rounded tip pliers and worked my way to make the shape until I was finished. There are no real steps it's basically just bending the wire as you go along to make the design you want. I just went with the flow of the wire and did my own thing until I felt it looked good as shown below so do what you want and wired...

...Rebecca...

Thin wires in gold and silver...


Use rounded tip pliers to twist and bend your wires...


Twist ends towards which ever side you want so the edges are curled...


Voila!!! The edge is curled and now I can finish working on the rest of the letters shape...


Continue twisting the wire until you get your end product which for me was "R" and I made it in gold and silver...


To link the wire pendant onto a necklace I added these small jump rings...


Final pendants and tools used...


I got extra inspired and made an infinity symbol pendant...

No comments:

Post a Comment