Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Makeup

Lately I have been asked a lot about makeup, so I decided to show what I am using on myself these days. During these hot summer days, I like to keep it simple and easy because there is nothing worse than having on tons of makeup in the hot sun. I am trying to figure out the best way to show you how to apply it, so more on that later.
xx,
Andrea

Skin:
1. I always start with tinted moisturizer. This one in particular is Boots, available here.
2. If I need a little extra coverage, I use this Makeup Forever foundation in place of concealer, available here. I am not really a fan of concealer since it always seems too thick.
3. If I know that it's going to be a long day, I make sure to use Photo Finish. It's such a great base to use under your makeup (I apply this after my moisturizer) and it makes it last all day, you'll never have to reapply. Such a great product, available here.
4. MAC Studio Fix is such a staple product. I use it to finish up and make sure I am not too dewy but not too matte.
5. Stella McCartney, Stella perfume is my choice of fragrance. Its so light and I love that they sell it in such a easy to carry "bottle". Available here.

Eyes, Lips, and Cheeks:
1. For everyday, I use a very sheer cream color over my whole eye lid. I try to use something without a lot of glitter.
2. If I want to change up my look, I usually use a little black eyeshadow on the crease of my eye. I also use the same black eyeshadow for my eyeliner. I swear by MAC eyeshadow in Carbon, available here.
3. I always finish up with curling my eyelashes and applying Voluminous mascara, available at any drugstore.
4. In the summer months, I love to use a bronzer. I'm currently using this one by Sephora, available here. I love how one side is matte, and the other has a little glitter in it.
5. I finish up my cheeks with a little pink color. I really like this Elf brand, available here.
6. For my lips, pink colors work well with my skin color, so I always look for something with that color. Whether it be a hot pink lip gloss or a subtle lip balm, I always make sure to have something on. It just finishes the look. These 3 items are currently in the rotation; Sugar lip treatment, Smith's Rosebud Salve, or and this Elf lipstick (I couldn't find it online, but its available at Target).

No comments:

Post a Comment