Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I left my heart in San Francisco...

I spent this past weekend in the beautiful, San Francisco. We couldn't have picked a better weekend to be in the city. Weather was great, not a cloud in the sky and the vino was flowing. Though we were mainly there for the ZAP wine festival, we had plenty of time to enjoy what the city had to offer us. I thought I would share my experience with you all and highlight some of the spots that I would definitely visit again. What are your favorite spots in San Francisco?
Xx,
Andrea

1. The Ferry Building Marketplace
This venue is home to various little shops and cafes. I could've spent MANY hours here. If you are lucky to go on a Saturday, the farmers market is setup outside with lots of great vendors. Some of my favorite spots were:
- Cowgirl Creamery: Cheese lovers beware! You will get sucked into this store. They even have a sidekick restaurant that features their yummy cheeses.
- Blue Bottle Coffee: If you know me, you know I love me a good latte. This place does it just right. Though there are several locations in the city, I only stopped at this one. While here, I also picked up a tasty bag of granola for my morning breakfast.
- Miette: What a lovely spot! Filled with all sorts of sweets, this place is sure to make you smile.
- Boulette's Larder: I felt liked I walked right into the real-life version of the movie, It's Complicated. Loved every bit of the no-hassle restaurant. Go on a Sunday and order the beignets (they only serve them on Sundays), you won't be disappointed.

2. Ghirardelli Square
An outdoor space that houses the famous Ghirardelli cafe and other small spaces. Go here, share a cupcake with a friend outside, and savor in the sun. Relaxing music is played in the background so you will be sure to have some quiet time.
- Crown Crumpet: Tea time here looks like a grand time. I can't wait to go back and try this place. so fun and girly.
- Gigi + Rose: Great little gift shop. Lots of electic items from jewelry to gifts. I picked up 2 cute glittered crowns.



No comments:

Post a Comment