Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Carving

Image via Martha Stewart

I remember when I was back in grade school each year we had a pumpkin carving contests to see which class could make the most original carving. I will never forget my 3rd grade class won for our Cinderella pumpkin. The pumpkin was the carriage, we added wheels and decorated the rest with ribbon and glitter. It was so much fun and a great memory I've always remembered. So now each year for the last few years, I've been wanting to carve some pumpkins so this year I'm going to make it happen. I've been looking online for some ideas and some designs so of course my go to website is Martha Stewart. I swear she has an idea for every single occasion it's ridiculous. Anyways, she has some pretty cool templates for pumpkin carvings, ideas and some helpful tips on how to use certain tools to make the carving easier. It's a great section for anything pumpkin carving related. I'm certainly going to be using some ideas for inspiration on my pumpkin this weekend, I'll show you my finished masterpiece next time. Happy carving! 


...Rebecca...

No comments:

Post a Comment