Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Halloween DIY: Geisha

I love me some homemade Halloween! I'm not one to buy an already made costume. First off, they never look like they do in the pictures and they are so cheaply made. Plus when you make your own costume its a sure thing that you'll win for most original. You'd be surprised what you can find lying around the house. I created the mood board below after browsing Pinterest for some ideas. It really helps to get the creative juices flowing.


For this DIY I enlisted my sister, Alex, to play model. So much fun! I've had this "geisha-like" robe in my closet since high school so I decided to work with it.

For the hair:
I sectioned her hair in 4 sections. One big bun in the back. 2 little bumps (think mini snookie bumps) above her ears and 1 other little bump at the top of her head. I added a flower that I picked from the yard and pinned it in her hair. If you don't have access to some flowers pickup some chopsticks the next time you go to sushi and add those to the bun.

For the makeup:
I prepped the skin with this miracle primer. To make the face super white I used this product in white. This is a great white base because you don't have to worry about it getting smeared throughout the night, it just stays put. You can find it at Cinema Secrets in Toluca Lake. For the cheeks, I put the edge of a napkin flat along the skin, then with a wet brush dipped it into hot pink blush. Apply the blush on the cheek and over the napkin to create a definite line. Add winged liner and some red lipstick to the middle of your lips and your good to go.

Remember, have fun with it.
xx,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment