Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Travel Diary: Sweden Fashion

While on my vacation, I couldn't help but keep an eye out on the fashion in Sweden. European style is very unique and very trendsetting for sure. It was great to see what people were wearing and to take some inspiration from their style. Not only were the women rocking unique styles but the men were really giving the women a run for their money. I really feel like the men were much more fashionable and really were setting some great trends which I hope filter to the states. 

...Rebecca...

Starting with my observations of women's fashions, what seems to be a popular trend are long & short dresses paired with tennis shoes specifically converses in all different colors. Another trend I noticed was a lot of neon accessories such as scarfs, shoes and jewelry. I love the style of tennis shoes mixed with a feminine dress, it balances it with a very androgynous look. I think it also may have to do with comfort too since the majority of the people in Sweden walk everywhere. I really loved this look and was totally inspired to dust off my converse shoes. 
Below are some pictures of the style I observed on the women in Sweden. 

Maxi dress paired with light blue aqua colored converse tennis shoes...
Short dress with red high top converse tennis shoes...

Long maxi dress with tennis shoes...
Long dress with bright neon orange tennis shoes...
Skinny pants with bright yellow tennis shoes...

Now for the men's fashions which I really loved and hope it will makes it way to the states, it will have the ladies swooning over them. I saw a repeating trend of mixing formal with casual by pairing blazers with either colored jeans or pants along with tennis shoes, work boots or even loafers. It felt like preppy meets hipster which totally worked and had me doing double takes. Another trend I observed were form fitting skinny shorts with a slight roll at the ends topped with a crisp linen or plaid button down dress shirts. I even caught a glimpse of men rocking a tied sweater over their shoulders giving it more of a preppy polo look. There was also a hipster feel with guys rocking skinny pants with work boots and smooth leather jackets, great look! I did a triple take on that look. I was pleasantly surprised how fashionable the men were in Sweden, they definitely take the award on fashion trendsetters in my book. 
Check out some pictures of the fashionable men of Sweden.

Rustic orange colored pants paired with a beige blazer...
Skinny jeans with a plaid dress button down shirt and loafers...
Rolled shorts with a long sleeve and button down dress shirt & converse high tops...
Loafer shoes paired with shorts or cropped skinny pants...
My triple take picture of skinny pants and leather jackets with converse and work boots...

One more tidbit about the footwear fashion in Sweden, one of the most popular types of shoes are clogs. They have them in all colors and designs, they their most comfortable form of footwear for lounging, biking or casual outings. I was very tempted to get the skull clogs because I love skulls so much!


**All images via Our Mismatched Life**

No comments:

Post a Comment