Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY: Polished Ring Necklace

I took on another DIY project this week after seeing a cool idea from a post on a great blog, P.S. I made this... where old keys were painted and placed on a necklace. I thought it was a cool idea for a necklace and then my mind went off to "what else can I paint and make into a necklace? hmmm". I was looking thru some of my charms and other trinkets as I came across three large metal rings which I had no idea what they were for. I think I may have tried to pass them off as rings at one time but clearly it didn't work out since they were just sitting in a box. After seeing them I started to think I could totally paint them and give the rings a new look. So with my own version of that idea, I grabbed a dark polish from OPI called "Suzi Skis in the Pyrenees" and painted over the rings as thoroughly as possible over a piece of foil as they dried on one side then painted the other side. It's always fun to draw some inspiration from other places, keeps the creativity flowing in my mind which is a lot of fun.

...Rebecca...

Rings before...
Rings during makeover...
Voila...The necklace!

No comments:

Post a Comment